SAFETY PROCEDURES DEFINITIONS
Evacuation: Defined as an internal emergency that requires students and staff to leave the building for their safety. Parents should follow emergency notifications.
Lockdown: Defined as an internal and/or immediate threat. All staff and students are locked in rooms. No one IN or OUT!
Shelter In Place: Defined as a safety precaution for an external threat that is not an immediate or internal threat.
Class Hold: Defined as a safety precaution implemented during an incident where students need to be kept in the classroom.
Release with Care: Defined as a possible threat in the schools’ neighborhoods during arrival and release time. Release with care procedures.
- To ensure safety, the building administrator may ask staff to escort students to/from buses or waiting cars.
- Staff may also be asked to accompany students home.
SCHOOL DISRUPTIONS INFORMATION
- School Disruptions Information
- School Disruptions Parent Letter 2018
- Refrigerator Note 2018
- Edulink and Crisis Manager Notice 2018
- Factors Considered for School Schedule Change Due to Weather
SAFETY TIPS AND INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Activity Guidelines for Schools for Wildfire Smoke Events
Weather Related Information
Cyber Bullying and Technology
Abuse and Neglect
Street and Road Safety Information
Getting To and From School Safely
Coping with Tragic Events
Talking to Children About Violence: Tips for Parents and Teachers
Wildfire Recommendations for Outdoor Sporting Events
Halloween Safety Tips
INFORMATION FOR EMPLOYEES
For further information, please visit the following websites: