School Nursing Services

 GFPS Nurses are Here for You  

Who we are:

       Lead Nurse
       Phone: 268-7700
        School: North Middle School and Sacajawea
        Phone: 268-6529
        School: GFPS Transitional Kindergarten
        Phone: 286-7700
        Schools: West and CMR
        Phone: 268-7180
        Schools: Mountain View and Chief Jo
        Phone: 268-7387
        School: Lincoln
        Phone: 268-6804
        Schools: Giant Springs and Longfellow
        Phone: 286-7700
        School: Whittier
        Phone: 268-7241
        Schools: East Middle School and Lewis & Clark
        Phone: 268-6500
        School: Loy
        Phone: 268-6885
        School: Sunnyside
        Phone: 268-7700
        Schools: CMR High School and Riverview
        Phone: 268-7015
        School: Great Falls High School
        Phone: 268-6312
        School: Loy
        Phone: 268-6885
        Schools: Meadow Lark and Valley View
        Phone: 268-7300 and 268-7145
        Schools: Morningside and Paris
        Phone: 268-6960 and 268-7700

Please note:  You may leave a message for any of the nurses listed above at 268-7700.

Resources for Parents and Staff:

Sending your child to school with medical needs:

If your child has any medical conditions please do not hesitate to speak with your child’s teacher, principal, or school nurse.  School nurses are available to help assess what your child needs to succeed at school and we can develop Individualized Health Care Plans or Emergency Care Plans for them.  Below are some quick references for common medical issues, but we understand that our students have many other medical needs beyond those listed here.

For the student with Asthma

  • If your child will have an inhaler in the office please provide the school secretary with a physicians order for their medication.
  • Here is the Asthma Care Plan for your child to be filled out with their symptoms and returned to the school with yours and their physicians signature.
  • If your child will be carrying their own medication please have your doctor sign the MT Authorization to Self Carry and Self Administer Asthma Medication form and give a copy to the school to keep on file.
  • Would you like more assistance with your child’s asthma?  Cascade City-County Health Department nurses are prepared to help!  Please contact the Montana Asthma Program Home Visiting program at 406-761-9888. Or visit their website by clicking here: MAP

For the student with life threatening allergies

  • Please refer to our suggested guidelines for sending your child to school with allergies:  Allergy Recommendations
  • If you will have an Epinephrine auto-injector kept at school for your child please make sure that the office has a copy of a doctor’s order for ALL medication.
  • Here is the Allergy Care Plan that will need to be completed and signed by yourself and the doctor.
  • If your child will be self-carrying their Epinephrine auto-injector please have your medical provider complete the MT Authorization to Self Carry and Self Administer Allergy Medication form to keep on file at your child’s school.

For the student with Diabetes

  • Please refer to our suggested guidelines for preparing to send your child to school: Diabetes Recommendations
  • Diabetic Medical Management Plan (DMMP)-to be completed with child’s physician
    • DMMP for students injecting insulin with a pen or syringe
    • DMMP for students with pumps
    • Here is a link to the orders from the site.


Quick Links to GFPS Emergency Care Plans (ECP)

We ask that all students with a potentially emergent medical condition have an ECP on file with their school.  These plans can be reviewed annually and/or changed as needed for your child.  Please contact a school nurse if you have questions.

Examples of other Emergency Care Plans:

We will gladly accept different Emergency Care Plans from your child’s health care provider or from another agency as long as they are reviewed by a school nurse. 

Links to useful resources:

Parent Coronavirus (COVID-19) letter

Influenza Fact Sheet

Measles Fact Sheet

Mumps Fact Sheet

When to Keep Sick Kids Home

GFPS Nursing Department Lice Information

School Guidelines for Managing Students with Food Allergies

Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Network (

American Diabetes Association (

Cascade City-County Health Dept

MT Asthma Program for Cascade County (MAP) (helpful information about diseases and healthy living)