This tool assists parents/guardians & school personnel in finding the school boundaries in which a student resides. Info finder will also indicate if the address is eligible for busing to the schools.
STUDENT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Please take notice of the following items while registering a new student with the Great Falls Public Schools.
- Registrations are completed at each individual school (for all grade levels).
- Elementary principals and secretaries begin conducting registrations in mid-August. Middle schools and high schools are open all summer.
- Items needed: (1) Proof of birth date in the form of copy of birth certificate, baptismal certificate, passport, etc. for kindergarten students only or 1st grade students who did not attend kindergarten (2) current shot records. This information is needed for all grade levels of registration.
- Immunization will include written proof of immunization or notice of a religious or medical exemption. State law requires immunization for diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis (whooping cough), polio, measles, mumps, and rubella, and varicella (chicken pox). Middle and high school students must also have proof of two measles, mumps and rubella immunizations, as well as 1 dose of pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine before they can attend classes. All shots are available at the City/County Health Department at 115 4th Street South on Tuesdays from 8:30-11:30 and Wed-Friday from 8:30 to 11:30 and 1:00 to 4:30 pm. No appointments necessary. Shots will not be denied to parents unable to pay. Call City County Health at 454-6950 for more information.
- Physicals are not required of elementary students but are required of middle and high school students who wish to participate in sports. Sports physicals for each new school year must be dated after May 1st of the current school year. Students participating in sports must have a physical completed prior to the start of the first practice. For more information please contact the Athletic Dept. at (406) 268-6082.
- Kindergarten: A child must be 5 years old on or before September 10th to qualify. A child not entering as a kindergarten student but rather as a first grade student, must be 6 years old on or before September 10th.
- High School and Middle school students must call their school and make an appointment with a counselor in order to have a printed schedule of classes on the 1st day of school. They will be given information at that time regarding yearbook, activity card fees, etc.
- Bus Schedules: You will need to speak to the school directly, check the bus schedule printed in the Great Falls Tribune 2 weeks prior to school starting or call the Transportation Dept. at (406) 268-6015.
What time does school start & end?
All elementary schools are on a common arrival/dismissal time. School begins at 8:25am and is dismissed at 3:20pm, except for Wednesdays start time is the same but dismissal time is 2:40pm.
- East Middle School – Start time: 7:50am, Dismissal Time: 2:55pm
- North Middle School – Start time: 7:45am, Dismissal Time: 2:55pm
- CMR High School – Start time: 8:05am, Dismissal Time: 3:15pm
- Great Falls High School – Start time: 8:00am, Dismissal Time: 3:10pm
- Paris Gibson Alt High School – Start time: 8:30am, Dismissal Time: 2:40pm
New Inbound Military Students
For Concerns and questions related to needs of the military child, contact the Airman and Family Readiness Center
- 341 FSS/FSFR
- 7512 Goddard Ave
- Malmstrom AFB, MT 59402-7511
- 1-406-731-4900 (commercial)
- 632-4900 (dsn)