Knowledge is Power
As the saying goes, “Knowledge is power.” As a public school system, we are in the knowledge business. We have a tremendous opportunity, and I would argue responsibility, to share the knowledge we have with others. That’s why you were given five pamphlets about the Tech Levy. I am asking you to share the information about the Tech Levy with your friends and neighbors. I don’t expect you to encourage them to vote for the levy; just provide facts and information. You can also invite them to a community meeting to be held this Thursday, April 20 at 5:30 in the Bison Beastro on the GFHS South Campus. I’ll be presenting information and answering questions. Participants will also have the opportunity to see what technology in a high school looks like.
Besides what is in the pamphlet, I hope you share the knowledge you have about why it’s important for GFPS to provide modern technological opportunities to our students. Here’s a few pieces of knowledge to get you started:
- Technology is a tool that supports our mission to successfully educate students to navigate their future.
- Technology engages students and promotes collaboration.
- As our students prepare for college, career, and citizenship, technology is a key ingredient for success.
- It is an extension of students’ current reality.
- Technology is a skill for life.
If you need more knowledge, information or power to discuss it, see this dedicated webpage: http://gfps.k12.mt.us/content/technology-levy. Thanks for spreading the word that technology tools are needed for tomorrow.
Take care. Be safe. Stay well.