I Believe in GFPS Because…The Results are In!
“Crowdsourcing” is defined as the practice of obtaining needed services, ideas, or content by soliciting contributions from a large group of people. That’s what I did when I asked GFPS staff members at Convocation to give me their thoughts about why you believe in GFPS. The results are in and they are inspiring. I have created a wall of ideas outside of the Aspen Conference Room. Stop by and take a look. I guarantee they will brighten your day. They sure did mine. Here are some examples of what you wrote:
I like Great Falls Public School because…
• We strive to be the best we can be. We are committed to increasing student achievement. We are team players, because together everyone achieves more.
• We provide all children with the opportunity to have a brighter future.
• We have clear goals for student achievement, stewardship and safety.
• We have dedicated and compassionate teachers who care about building appropriate relationships with students.
• We all make a difference together.
• We care about the education of kids.
• We put students first.
• We care about students as people and citizens.
• We are committed. We are life-long learners. We have spirits of serving. We are engaged.
• Our School Board provides strength and leadership in our community.
• GFPS is a committed organization of caring professionals dedicated to doing what’s best for kids.
• We do an amazing job of preparing students for graduation and their futures beyond high school.
• We get to see light bulbs go off when they understand a difficult concept.
• I see kids start believing in themselves because a GFPS teacher believed in them first.
• …and so much more!
You can add your thoughts to the wall. See Central Reception for a sheet or you can print one here: http://www.gfps.k12.mt.us/sites/default/files/I%20Believe%20in%20GFPS%20Sheet.pdf.
“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe,” said Anatole France. Thanks for acting, dreaming, planning and most of all believing!
Take care. Be safe. Stay well.