CHANGE TO SUBMITTING NEWSBITS ARTICLES
Effective immediately, if you are submitting items to be placed in future NEWSBITS, please e-mail the information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Enrollment is Now Open
I hope you all had wonderful summers and you are ready for school to begin! The return to school also means that it’s time to think about your benefits for the upcoming school year. Open enrollment begins today, and you have until Monday September 17th to complete your 2018/2019 benefit elections. The Insurance Committee worked hard to put together a great benefit package this year and we’re excited to share your benefits with you. Please consider attending one of the benefit meetings that began this week and will continue to be held into September.
- Action is required during open enrollment. You must make log into the enrollment site (instructions below) and make elections for the wellness and medical programs.
- Employees and their family members who participate in the health plan will now have no cost (free) primary health care services available at the Community Health Care Center (CHCC) locations (onsite at PGEC and Giant Springs, or downtown at 115 4th Street South).
- More information about the Wellness program will be sent to you after open enrollment ends.
Instructions for enrolling in your benefits:
- Go to https://benefits.plansource.com/
- Your username and password has been reset. Please log into the site with:
Username = the first initial of your first name followed by up to the first six initials of your last name and your date of birth in the YYYYMMDD format. For example: Mick Jagger is mjagger19430726.
Password = your date of birth in the YYYYMMDD format.
- Launch your enrollment. You must make a wellness plan and medical plan election during open enrollment.
- Enroll in the flexible spending accounts if you would like to participate (prior amounts do not carry forward).
- Confirm/Enroll/Change other benefits (prior amounts will carry forward from last year).
- Complete and e-sign your enrollment.
Please let human resources know if you have any questions or if you need help with your enrollment. Again please plan on attending a benefit meeting to learn more about the programs available to protect you and your family. Thank you, and we’re looking forward to a great year!
Director of Human Resources
OPEN ENROLLMENT SCHEDULE
Wednesday, September 5, 2018 CMR Auditorium 3:45pm
Thursday, September 6, 2018 DOB Aspen 10:00am
Thursday, September 6, 2018 GFHS Auditorium 3:45 pm
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 EMS Room D-2 3:45pm
Thursday, September 13, 2018 NMS Cafeteria 3:45pm
You’re Invited to a Farewell to Jan Nerem
Jan was a long-time GFPS music educator. She has been a driving force in music for many, many years through her work with GFPS, District 6 Music Festival, the GF Symphony, as well as her work with kids at various churches in the area. She will be missed! Invitation for Farewell (Attachment)
Lesley University Graduate Program in Great Falls
Starts November, 2018!
Integrated Teaching through the Arts Curriculum & Instruction, M.Ed.
Program is designed for all K-12 educators
Project based – no GRE required
Skills that transfer to your everyday lessons!
Move up on the Salary Schedule as you go!
Financial aid and payment plans are available.
Regionally and nationally accredited
Financial Aid Counselor to assist Student Loan Process!
Deferred Student Loan payment 6 months after completion of your degree!
Nineteen weekends total! The entire program is completed in less than two years
$5000 Loan Forgiveness is available! $50 application fee waiver!
Face-To-Face teaching one weekend a month: Saturday & Sunday 8am – 5pm
Contact: Cathy Kuntz
American Indian Heritage Week
This week September 17-21st is American Indian Heritage Week in Great Falls Public Schools. In 1997, the Montana Legislature passed into law MCA 29-1-306 to designate the fourth Friday in September as American Indian Heritage Day. This year that day falls on September 28th. Great Falls Public Schools along with our Indian Education Department is excited to celebrate the rich heritage that our American Indian Culture has to offer!
Take time this week to connect with the Indian Ed Department’s staff at your building, like a Youth Development Specialist or the Academic Achievement Facilitator, to engage in any activities planned in your building. Check out the wealth of resources and Indian Education For All Lessons available to you through your Google Drive and your school library.