8 Workplace Safety Tips Every Employee Should Know
No matter how many safety guidelines and practices you’ve set in place, they won’t do any good if your employees aren’t aware and invested in following those guidelines. The safest work environments occur when employees, at all levels of the organization, work together to communicate and adhere to the safety standards set in place. A successful safety program is one that encourages employees to report unsafe situations and behaviors and encourages safe practices throughout each and every work day.
Here are 8 workplace safety tips every employee should know to ensure all employees are engaged in developing a safety program that encourages the shared responsibility of everyone in the workplace.
Open Enrollment is Now Open
I hope you all had wonderful summers and you are ready for school to begin! The return to school also means that it’s time to think about your benefits for the upcoming school year. Open enrollment begins today, and you have until Monday September 17th to complete your 2018/2019 benefit elections. The Insurance Committee worked hard to put together a great benefit package this year and we’re excited to share your benefits with you. Please consider attending one of the benefit meetings that began this week and will continue to be held into September.
- Action is required during open enrollment. You must make log into the enrollment site (instructions below) and make elections for the wellness and medical programs.
- Employees and their family members who participate in the health plan will now have no cost (free) primary health care services available at the Community Health Care Center (CHCC) locations (onsite at PGEC and Giant Springs, or downtown at 115 4th Street South).
- More information about the Wellness program will be sent to you after open enrollment ends.
Instructions for enrolling in your benefits:
- Go to https://benefits.plansource.com/
- Your username and password has been reset. Please log into the site with:
Username = the first initial of your first name followed by up to the first six initials of your last name and your date of birth in the YYYYMMDD format. For example: Mick Jagger is mjagger19430726.
Password = your date of birth in the YYYYMMDD format.
- Launch your enrollment. You must make a wellness plan and medical plan election during open enrollment.
- Enroll in the flexible spending accounts if you would like to participate (prior amounts do not carry forward).
- Confirm/Enroll/Change other benefits (prior amounts will carry forward from last year).
- Complete and e-sign your enrollment.
Please let human resources know if you have any questions or if you need help with your enrollment. Again please plan on attending a benefit meeting to learn more about the programs available to protect you and your family. Thank you, and we’re looking forward to a great year!
Director of Human Resources
OPEN ENROLLMENT SCHEDULE
Wednesday, September 5, 2018 CMR Auditorium 3:45pm
Thursday, September 6, 2018 DOB Aspen 10:00am
Thursday, September 6, 2018 GFHS Auditorium 3:45 pm
Wednesday, September 12, 2018 EMS Room D-2 3:45pm
Thursday, September 13, 2018 NMS Cafeteria 3:45pm
You’re Invited to a Farewell to Jan Nerem
Jan was a long-time GFPS music educator. She has been a driving force in music for many, many years through her work with GFPS, District 6 Music Festival, the GF Symphony, as well as her work with kids at various churches in the area. She will be missed! Invitation for Farewell (Attachment)
Lesley University Graduate Program in Great Falls
Starts November, 2018!
Integrated Teaching through the Arts Curriculum & Instruction, M.Ed.
Program is designed for all K-12 educators
Project based – no GRE required
Skills that transfer to your everyday lessons!
Move up on the Salary Schedule as you go!
Financial aid and payment plans are available.
Regionally and nationally accredited
Financial Aid Counselor to assist Student Loan Process!
Deferred Student Loan payment 6 months after completion of your degree!
Nineteen weekends total! The entire program is completed in less than two years
$5000 Loan Forgiveness is available! $50 application fee waiver!
Face-To-Face teaching one weekend a month: Saturday & Sunday 8am – 5pm
Contact: Cathy Kuntz