ARE YOU REGISTERED TO VOTE?
Be a part of democracy by voting in the upcoming school election. The ballot will include votes on an operational levy for the general funds as well as the selection of two (2) Trustees. The City is also running a Park Levy on the ballot. It will once again be a mail-in ballot but you won’t get a ballot unless you are registered to vote! Check this out:
- If you didn’t vote in the last federal election you are not considered an active voter and you will not receive a ballot by mail.
- You can check your registration status at: https://app.mt.gov/voterinfo/
- You can access the voter register application at http://sos.mt.gov/portals/142/Elections/documents/Officials/Voter-Registration-Application.pdf. You need to fill it out, print it and either mail it or drop it off at the Cascade County Elections Office.
- Registration deadline is TUESDAY, APRIL 3, 2018.
- Jury pools are no longer selected by using voter lists.
- One GFPS Belief Statement says: A well-educated community is the foundation of our democracy.
VOTER REGISTRATION IS EASY TO DO AND ESSENTIAL IN HAVING A CITIZEN’S VOICE!
Montana Retired Educators Association
Who is Eligible? An active Montana teacher who is currently in, or has been accepted in a university graduate program working towards a higher degree in the field of education.
How to Apply? Request an application from MREA.
1722 Montana Ave
Black Eagle, MT 59414
Submission deadline is May 1, 2018
“Earth Science & Me”
A Teachers Workshop
When: July 9 – 12, 2018
Where: Heck/Quaw Elementary School
Location:. Belgrade, MT
Instructors: Doug Scott & Dave Scott (professional geologists)
- Designed for All Teachers! 2 ½ classroom days with “Hands-On” Mining & Geology activities, a 1-day Field Trip to a talc mine, & a ½ day field trip to a talc mill
- What you get: Activity Notebooks; Posters; PowerPoint Presentations; Minerals, Ores, Sedimentary rocks, Metamorphic rocks, & Igneous rocks; Door Prizes; Continental breakfast (2 days); Refreshments (4 days); & Lunches (3 days)
- Re-certification Credits: 2.0 semester hours ($155): Course number: ERTH 588-50 (MSU); Tuition: $60.00 per teacher (checks payable to DST & Associates)
- Curriculum – Why minerals are important; The Rock Cycle; How to identify a mineral; How to identify a sedimentary rock; How to identify a metamorphic rock; How to identify an igneous rock; How to identify an ore; The basics of plate tectonics; Essential Montana Geology Fundamentals; How geologists explore for ore; Why is coal important; The cost of mining; Why the ground shakes; The basics of volcanoes; How to make and read a map; GEOPARDY; & 1 ½ days of field trips!
No Refunds after June 15, 2018
Cut here and return bottom portion:
Earth Science & Me Workshop Registration Form ($60.00 Tuition Fee due with registration)
Workshop location: Heck/Quaw Elementary, Belgrade, MT Dates: July 9-12, 2018
City, State, Zip:
Tee Shirt size: S M L XL XXL (Circle one)
Mail registration and a $60.00 check to: DST & Associates 14293 W. Baltic Ave. Lakewood, CO 80228
Questions? Call 509.270.0997
Apartment for Rent
If you are looking for a spacious one bedroom/one bath apartment with washer/dryer hook-ups, the district has one available. The main floor apartment in the Victorian house located at 824 4th Avenue North (close to Whittier Elementary School) is now open. If you would like more information or to see this rental, contact Brian Patrick, Director of Business Operations at 268-6050 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In-District Teacher Transfer Information
Current openings were posted Friday, March 16, 2018 and will close on Thursday, March 22, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Check the on-line application system (Applitrack Link To In-District Job Postings) for a list of all current in-district teacher job openings.
If you are interested in applying for these openings please hand-deliver your In-District Transfer Form to the Human Resources Office to meet the deadline.
Please be reminded that once a teacher accepts a position via the transfer process, that teacher cannot apply for another transfer position that year.
20 JUDGES NEEDED!
PLEASE CONSIDER HELPING OUT!
Judge with Miss Montana, terrific teachers, and fellow community members!
The STEAM TEAM is requesting kind, people to listen to and analyze student Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math (STEAM) projects. The 200+ student projects, ranging from grades K-12, have been fascinating in the past and, we are sure, will be again this year. We need YOU to come to the Expo and hear students share their findings. Judging is based on a simple rubric using hand-held devices. Training and tips, as well as lunch and snacks, will be provided to make your judging experience more enjoyable. Please consider supporting these fantastic students and future innovators.
Who: YOU (40 judges still needed)
What: STEAM EXPO Judging, A Fantastic Celebration of Student Learning and Effort
When: March 24th, 2018 from 9:00-11:30 (Lunch and Snacks provided)
Where: Great Falls High School Swarthout Fieldhouse
Why: To analyze and celebrate student learning in the STEAM Fields
How: Email email@example.com or call Jeff at 268-7402 to sign up for judging
National Board Certification
- Strong Professional Development
- Recognizing the many demands on teachers’ time, the certification process is designed to be flexible, efficient and affordable
- Interested in learning more?
Please join us for an informational meeting to see if National Boards is right for you!
- When: Thursday, April 12th from 4:15-5
- Where: Mountain View Elementary Library (3420 15th Ave S.)
- What: This will be an informational introduction to the certification process. We will address Why certify? How does one certify? What is the process? The cost? The local support available in our district? What is Jumpstart?
- Light snacks will be provided.
Please consider joining us and finding out if National Boards is the right choice for you! See you then!
Announcing MIET 2018 Registration
Registration for MIET 2018 Tech Days is now open!
Early Bird Price is $110 if registered by May 18, 2018
Groups of 5 or more can register at $100 each, if registered by May 18, 2018
Be sure to check the posted schedule to see session topics.
Also be watching for session spotlights to get more information about specific topics.
College credits are available for an additional cost.