Farewell to Mindy Kiser
Please join us in the Aspen Conference Room at the District Office Building on Wednesday, January 31, 2018; 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. to say goodbye to Human Resources Director Mindy Kiser and wish her luck as she begins a new chapter in her career!
Heisey Teacher Scholarship Applications
- Twenty $1,000 scholarships will be awarded competitively to Great Falls Public Schools teachers to help fund work toward a master’s degree, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification, academic work supporting Great Falls Public Schools’ District Goals, or an Endorsement, including; counseling, administration, special education, or any other field related to education.
- Twenty scholarships will be awarded throughout the district, with the intent of awarding support in multiple schools. In the event that one or more schools do not have a qualified applicant, multiple scholarships may be awarded at the same school.
- Teachers who have already completed a master’s degree may apply the scholarship to a second master’s degree or an advanced degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.).
- Scholarships may also be used for the purpose of working toward an advanced degree or securing an endorsement in a specific subject area, which is applicable to teaching.
- Scholarships may be utilized to fund the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification process.
- Scholarships may be utilized to support academic work which would directly support the professional in their capacity of supporting district level goals and initiatives.
- All monies must be expended within six months of the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Any teacher presently holding a teaching position in the Great Falls School District and who is committed to signing a contract to teach in the school district for the school year following the scholarship award.
- Online applications open Tuesday, January 9, 2018
- Application is available here.
- Online applications will close on February 9, 2018
- Competency as a teacher as indicated by letters of reference and other information presented to the committee.
- Commitment to the profession as indicated by goals.
- Availability of job vacancies in the field, as well as needs of the district.
If you have any questions regarding the online application process, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at 268-7401 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. General questions about the scholarship can be directed to Dave Crum at 268-7340 or at email@example.com.
Call for MIET Conference Presenters
The Call for Presenters will be open until Feb. 10. Click Here to fill out the form.
Communication with Parents of English Learners
If you know adults who speak English and Tagalog, Vietnamese, or Japanese, we would like to hire interpreters in those languages, as well; please encourage them to contact Carol or apply on AppliTrack.