LAST WEEK TO APPLY:
Great Falls Public Schools Foundation’s
Discovery Grants and Innovation Grants
The Great Falls Public Schools Foundation is offering two grant programs again this year. Included will be Discovery Grants (individual teacher grants) and Innovation Grants (collaboration grants). These applications will open December 10th and close on February 1st.
Foundation grants are available to GFPS Staff to provide opportunities for students to learn in new environments, experience creative teaching methods, participate in out of school experiences, or have new equipment or materials that provide enrichment and support.
Discovery Grants are individual teacher projects with funding ranging from $500 to $3,000. Innovation Grants are collaborative group projects with funding up to $10,000.
Great Falls Public Schools employees can submit applications HERE or through the Foundation’s webpage at http://www.gfpsfoundation.org/programs/grants/. The Foundation will be funding over $100,000 between the two programs.
If you have questions about the grants please contact Dave Crum at email@example.com or call x7340. If you have questions regarding the online application, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at firstname.lastname@example.org or at x7401.
SEVERANCE PAY FOR RETIRING TEACHERS
Please remember that in order to be eligible for severance pay, a retiring teacher must submit a letter of resignation to the Board of Trustees no later than Friday, March 1, 2019 at 5:00 p.m., if terminating employment at the end of the second semester. You are encouraged to forward your letter prior to this date. You may wish to refer to Article 8.C of the Negotiated Agreement for further information. Teacher Retirement System must be contacted and an irrevocable election form completed by March 5, 2019 in order to be eligible to deduct additional contributions from termination pay on a tax-deferred basis. The Irrevocable Election Form is available in Human Resources or Teacher’s Retirement website. The Teacher Retirement System can be reached at 1-866-600-4045.
Human Resources Office
ATTENTION HEALTH PLAN MEMBERS:
HEALTH SCREENINGS EXTENDED THROUGH JANUARY 2019:
Due to our transition to using Community Health Care Center for our biometric screenings, we feel it is appropriate to extend the screening opportunities through the end of January. Employees on the GFPS health insurance plan must complete a biometric screening and a health risk assessment between now and the end of January to be eligible for the monthly premium incentive.
January biometric screening schedule: GFPS BMS January Calendar
Please call 454-6973 to schedule your appointment.
Community Screenings Vision and Hearing
When: Thursday, February 7, 2019, 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Where: City County Health Department, 115 4th St. S.
To schedule call 268-6400
Walk-ins are welcome
These screenings made possible in collaboration with Great Falls Public Schools, City County Health Department and the Early Childhood Coalition, Lions Club and Cascade Audiology
Great Falls Public Schools Foundation’s
Heisey Teacher Scholarship Applications for 2019-2020 School Year
- Twenty $1,000 scholarships will be awarded competitively to Great Falls Public Schools teachers to help fund work toward a master’s degree, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification, academic work supporting Great Falls Public Schools’ District Goals, or an Endorsement, including; counseling, administration, special education, or any other field related to education.
- Twenty scholarships will be awarded throughout the district, with the intent of awarding support in multiple schools. In the event that one or more schools do not have a qualified applicant, multiple scholarships may be awarded at the same school.
- Teachers who have already completed a master’s degree may apply the scholarship to a second master’s degree or an advanced degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.).
- Scholarships may also be used for the purpose of working toward an advanced degree or securing an endorsement in a specific subject area, which is applicable to teaching.
- Scholarships may be utilized to fund the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification process.
- Scholarships may be utilized to support academic work which would directly support the professional in their capacity of supporting district level goals and initiatives.
- All monies must be expended within six months of the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Any teacher presently holding a teaching position in the Great Falls School District and who is committed to signing a contract to teach in the school district for the school year following the scholarship award.
- Online applications open Wednesday, January 9, 2019
- Application is available here.
- Online applications will close on February 6, 2019
APPLICATION WILL BE RANKED ON:
- Competency as a teacher as indicated by letters of reference and other information presented to the committee.
- Commitment to the profession as indicated by goals.
- Availability of job vacancies in the field, as well as needs of the district.
If you have any questions regarding the online application process, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at 268-7401 or at email@example.com. General questions about the scholarship can be directed to Dave Crum at 268-7340 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lesley University Graduate Program in Great Falls
Starts late Spring!
Integrated Teaching through the Arts Curriculum & Instruction, M.Ed.
Program is designed for all K-12 educators
Project based – no GRE required
Skills that transfer to your everyday lessons!
Move up on the Salary Schedule as you go!
Financial aid and payment plans are available.
Regionally and nationally accredited
Financial Aid Counselor to assist Student Loan Process!
Deferred Student Loan payment 6 months after completion of your degree!
Nineteen weekends total! The entire program is completed in less than two years
$5000 Loan Forgiveness is available! $50 application fee waiver!
Face-To-Face teaching one weekend a month: Saturday & Sunday 8am – 5pm
Contact: Cathy Kuntz
MIET Instructors Needed
Will you be a part of the last Montana Institute on Instructional Technology (MIET) June 12? We are looking for presenters on a variety of topics. Pay is $75 per two-hour sectional.
Applications due Feb. 1. If you have questions, contact email@example.com
GALLERY 16 HONORS NMS ART TEACHER
Gallery 16 is proud to announce our February featured potter is North Middle School Art teacher, Andrew Nagengast. A reception will be held on February 1, Friday, from 5:00 – 9:00 PM at Gallery 16, 600 Central Avenue. All are welcome. His pottery will be shown all month.
Safe Schools Online Safety Training $50.00 Card Drawing
During the months of February and March, Montana School Boards Association invites you to participate in Safe Schools online safety training. Safe Schools offers online video safety training to all Great Falls Public Schools employees. Please follow the instructions below to access the video trainings:
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome Browser
- Go to the Safe Schools Link http://www.greatfalls.mt.safeschools.com
- Sign-in with your first name_last name
- Password will be your first name_last name
- Click “View More Courses”
- Choose a safety training to view
- Once you have viewed the safety video, please go to the provided Google Doc’s Link https://goo.gl/forms/WmxZXuuAovGasgZw2
- Sign into your google account to fill out a 2 question survey on the training. You will be entered in a $50.00 gift card drawing upon completion of the survey. The drawing will end March 31st with the winners being announced the following week.