AA Orchestra Festival Concerts
Come and join us for two nights of great orchestral music as Great Falls hosts the AA Orchestra Festival. Schools involved are our own Charles M. Russell High School and Great Falls High School, and our visiting schools are Kalispell Flathead and Glacier High Schools.
Monday’s concert will feature individual performances from the four participating schools. Tuesday’s concert will feature two mass orchestras under the direction of guest conductors Anne Harrigan (Billings Symphony) and Kirt Mosier (Lee’s Summit Symphony).
During the months of February through April, Montana School Boards Association invites you to participate in Safe Schools online safety training. Safe Schools offers a variety of online video safety training to all Great Falls Public Schools employees.
Please follow the instructions below to access the video trainings:
- Make sure you are using Google Chrome Browser.
- Go to the Safe Schools Link: http://www.greatfalls.mt.safeschools.com.
- Sign-in with your first name_last name.
- Password will be your first name_last name.
- Click “View More Courses”.
- Choose a safety training to view.
- Once you have viewed the safety video, please go to the provided Google Doc’s Link: https://goo.gl/forms/WmxZXuuAovGasgZw2
Sign into your Google account to fill out a 2 question survey on the training. You will be entered in a $50.00 gift card drawing upon completion of the survey. The drawing will end April 30th with the winners being announced the following week.
Heisey Teacher Scholarships
For questions, please contact Dave Crum at 268-7340 or email@example.com.
Applications Open January 6, 2020 and Close February 14, 2020.
Included will be Discovery Grants (individual teacher grants) and Innovation Grants (collaboration grants). These applications will open December 9th and close on February 7th.
Foundation grants are available to GFPS Staff to provide opportunities for students to learn in new environments, experience creative teaching methods, participate in out of school experiences, or have new equipment or materials that provide enrichment and support.
- Discovery Grants are individual teacher projects with funding ranging from $500 to $3,000.
- Innovation Grants are collaborative group projects with funding up to $10,000.
Great Falls Public Schools employees can submit applications HERE or through the Foundation’s webpage at https://gfpsfoundation.org/gfps-grants/. The Foundation will be funding over $100,000 between the two programs.
If you have questions about the grants, please contact Dave Crum at firstname.lastname@example.org or call x7340. If you have questions regarding the online application, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at email@example.com or at x7401.