Great Falls High School Art Reception
GFPS Preschool Is Turning 10!
Please join us for this Birthday Celebration! Enrollment has been growing over the past few weeks and we now have 142 students attending Preschool this year.
Mileage Rate Change
Beginning on Jan. 1, 2020, the standard mileage rates for the use of a car (also vans, pickups or panel trucks) will be: .575 cents for every mile of business travel driven, down .5 cent from the rate for 2019.
Please forward all mileage reimbursement request for Mileage July 2019 – Dec 31, 2019 to the Business Office by January 15th.
The Mileage rate will need to be changed in File maker Pro Set up before you start a new sheet for January.
Call for PIR Facilitators for the 2020-2021 School Year
Details about 2020-2021 PIR Proposals:
- The date range for PIR sessions is June 6, 2020 – April 30, 2021 (priority will be given to those proposals that take place during first semester).
- All forms are due by Sunday, March 1, 2020.
- No new proposals will be accepted after the March 1 deadline.
- Please be sure to avoid the DD & PIR Summit dates (June 8-11 & Aug 20 & 21), any holidays, MFPE days, and Wednesdays when scheduling your dates.
- PIR Sessions can be done as a single 6-hour session, two 3-hour sessions, or three 2-hour sessions.
If you are interested in facilitating or co-facilitating a PIR offering, please use this worksheet to be sure you have all of the information you need. Once you have read through the worksheet, the form is here: http://bit.ly/20-21-pir-proposal
For more information about PIR Facilitator obligations and pay, please visit the following link: http://gfps.k12.mt.us/content/pir-help
Contact Susan Quinn with any questions (268-6761).
Heisey Teacher Scholarships
For questions, please contact Dave Crum at 268-7340 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Open January 6, 2020 and Close February 14, 2020.
Included will be Discovery Grants (individual teacher grants) and Innovation Grants (collaboration grants). These applications will open December 9th and close on February 7th.
Foundation grants are available to GFPS Staff to provide opportunities for students to learn in new environments, experience creative teaching methods, participate in out of school experiences, or have new equipment or materials that provide enrichment and support.
- Discovery Grants are individual teacher projects with funding ranging from $500 to $3,000.
- Innovation Grants are collaborative group projects with funding up to $10,000.
Great Falls Public Schools employees can submit applications HERE or through the Foundation’s webpage at https://gfpsfoundation.org/gfps-grants/. The Foundation will be funding over $100,000 between the two programs.
If you have questions about the grants, please contact Dave Crum at email@example.com or call x7340. If you have questions regarding the online application, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at firstname.lastname@example.org or at x7401.