In order to have a cost-effective and comprehensive health insurance program, the Health Insurance Committee will:
- Study GFPS insurance usage and membership trends
- Stay abreast of insurance laws, the insurance market and state/national trends
- Study insurance providers and call for proposals and quotes as necessary
- Provide recommendations to the Board regarding insurance benefits and costs
- Communicate insurance and related information to employees
The Health Insurance Committee is made up of representatives from employee groups who are eligible for insurance. District administrators who have roles related to health insurance also serve on the Committee. The committee members act as representatives for the employee base as a whole, and act in the best interest of staff and the community.