Biometric Screening Sign Ups
Instructions attached through this link BIOMETRIC SIGN UP INSTRUCTIONS . Free biometric screening tests are available for all GFPS Employees and Spouses starting January 11, 2017. Scheduling is a first come, first serve basis so sign up soon in order to reserve your preferred time, date and location!
Please contact Human Resources at 268-6010 with any questions.
First Friday Family Training Days - Save the Dates
First Friday Family Training Days : A nuts and bolts training for parents, grandparents, Great Falls Public Schools and rural regional schools, PLUK-Parents Lets Unite for Kids, Office of Public Instruction, Disability Rights Montana, Quality Life Concepts, mental health and medical providers. Please click here for more information.
Next Year's PIR Offerings
Surveys will be open until Friday January 20, 2017.
Anyone with questions or concerns should contact the curriculum office at 268-6020.
Heisey Teacher Scholarships
- Twenty $1,000 scholarships will be awarded competitively to school teachers in the Great Falls Public Schools District to help fund work toward a master’s degree, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification, academic work supporting Great Falls Public Schools’ District Goals, or an Endorsement, including; counseling, administration, special education, or any other field related to education.
- Twenty scholarships will be awarded throughout the district, with the intent of awarding support in multiple schools. In the event that one or more schools do not have a qualified applicant, multiple scholarships may be awarded at the same school.
- Teachers who have already completed a master’s degree may apply the scholarship to a second master’s degree or an advanced degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.).
- Scholarships may also be used for the purpose of working toward an advanced degree or securing an endorsement in a specific subject area, which is applicable to teaching.
- Scholarships may be utilized to fund the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification process.
- Scholarships may be utilized to support academic work which would directly support the professional in their capacity of supporting district level goals and initiatives.
- All monies must be expended within six months of the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Any teacher presently holding a teaching position in the Great Falls School District and who is committed to signing a contract to teach in the school district for the school year following the scholarship award.
- Online applications opened January 9, 2017
- Application is available here.
- Online applications will close on February 9, 2017
- Competency as a teacher as indicated by letters of reference and other information presented to the committee.
- Commitment to the profession as indicated by goals.
- Availability of job vacancies in the field, as well as needs of the district.
If you have any questions regarding the online application process, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at 268-7401 or at foundation [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us (foundation [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us). General questions about the scholarship can be directed to Dave Crum at 268-7340 or at dave_crum [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us (dave_crum [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us).
Speech & Debate Judges Needed
NATIONAL SPEECH & DEBATE ASSOCIATION
THANK YOU for supporting Montana students!
Discovery Grant Information
If you have questions about the Discovery Grant program please contact Dave Crum at dave_crum [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us or call 7340. If you have questions regarding the online application please contact Lyndsay Lettre at foundation [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us or at 7401.