Severance Pay for Retiring Teachers, 2017
Human Resources Office
Speech & Debate Judges Needed
NATIONAL SPEECH & DEBATE ASSOCIATION
4:00 PM 6:00 PM 8:00 PM
4:00 PM 6:00 PM 8:00 PM
9:00 AM 11:00 AM 2:00 PM 4:00 PM
Last Week to Apply for a Discovery Grant
If you have questions about the Discovery Grant program please contact Dave Crum at dave_crum [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us or call 7340. If you have questions regarding the online application please contact Lyndsay Lettre at foundation [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us or at 7401.
STEAM Expo 2017
Join the Fun! It’s FREE!
Heisey Teacher Scholarships
- Twenty $1,000 scholarships will be awarded competitively to school teachers in the Great Falls Public Schools District to help fund work toward a master’s degree, National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification, academic work supporting Great Falls Public Schools’ District Goals, or an Endorsement, including; counseling, administration, special education, or any other field related to education.
- Twenty scholarships will be awarded throughout the district, with the intent of awarding support in multiple schools. In the event that one or more schools do not have a qualified applicant, multiple scholarships may be awarded at the same school.
- Teachers who have already completed a master’s degree may apply the scholarship to a second master’s degree or an advanced degree (Ph.D. or Ed.D.).
- Scholarships may also be used for the purpose of working toward an advanced degree or securing an endorsement in a specific subject area, which is applicable to teaching.
- Scholarships may be utilized to fund the National Board for Professional Teaching Standards Certification process.
- Scholarships may be utilized to support academic work which would directly support the professional in their capacity of supporting district level goals and initiatives.
- All monies must be expended within six months of the date the scholarship is awarded.
- Any teacher presently holding a teaching position in the Great Falls School District and who is committed to signing a contract to teach in the school district for the school year following the scholarship award.
- Online applications opened January 9, 2017
- Application is available here.
- Online applications will close on February 9, 2017
- Competency as a teacher as indicated by letters of reference and other information presented to the committee.
- Commitment to the profession as indicated by goals.
- Availability of job vacancies in the field, as well as needs of the district.
If you have any questions regarding the online application process, please contact Lyndsay Lettre at 268-7401 or at foundation [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us (foundation [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us). General questions about the scholarship can be directed to Dave Crum at 268-7340 or at dave_crum [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us (dave_crum [at] gfps [dot] k12 [dot] mt [dot] us).
· The date range is June 12, 2017 - April 30, 2018.
· All forms are due by Friday, March 3, 2017.
· Please be sure to avoid any holidays as well as MEA days and Wednesdays when scheduling your dates.
· PIR Sessions can be done as a single 6-hour session, two 3-hour sessions, or three 2-hour sessions.
If you are interested in facilitating or co-facilitating a PIR offering, please fill out the PIR Proposal Form (http://bit.ly/GFPS_17-18_PIR) no later than Friday, March 3rd.
For more information about PIR Facilitator Obligations and Pay, please visit the following link: http://gfps.k12.mt.us/content/pir-help